Eight million, five hundred and twenty nine thousand, four hundred and eighty nine total plays on MySpace.com as of April 2nd, 2009. Today – May 20th, 2009 – 10,332,330!
Jose Alberto Torres, known for his high impact energetic performances as “Yomo,” is awakening the Latin Music Industry with the new urban/crossover sound. The Black Pearl Intl. Record Star continues to excite crowds winning them over with his charm and outgoing on-stage persona. The latest movement involves the re-Remixed version of “Descara” with none other than one of Salsa’s modern Greats, Victor Manuelle. Recognized by his raspy breathy voice, the new age street warrior continues to electrify multicultural audiences all over the globe reaching not only Latin America but also Germany, Italy, etc. Currently Yomo is seen interviewing with Top Latin Shows, guest performances with Grammy award-winning artists, & in due course, climbing the Billboard charts with continuous hit singles.
Evidently, Yomo’s emergence is exciting the listening public:
- 9,200,000+ song plays in less than Ten (10) months on MySpace
- 4,880,000+ song plays – Hit Single “Descara” on MySpace
- 4,650,000+ YouTube views of Yomo Video Clips
Billboard Hit Singles:
- “Descara” My Destiny Black Pearl Intl. Records (2008)
- “Secreto” My Destiny Black Pearl Intl. Records (2008)
- “Dejale caer to el peso” Sangre Nueva Goldstar Music (2004)
- Over Ten (10) singles charted – Four (4) from most recent album released “My Destiny”(2008)
- Guest on Univision’s #1 rated TV show Sabado Gigante! (Avg. - 3.2 Million Viewers)
- Collaborations with Hip-Hop Icon Jay-Z, Wisin y Yandel, Luis Fonsi, Victor Manuel, Daddy Yankee, Hector “El Father”, Jowel Y Randy, DJ Joe, Fat Joe, Jim Jones, Omega, & many more.
In step with technology, web-interaction is the next phase. The new website, YomoMusic.com, is set to launch April 22, 2009, providing access to Social Network Information, up-to-date News Stories, Touring Dates, Videos, Photos, vBlogs, Wallpapers, & Merchandise.
Proud parent of three beautiful children from Humacao, Puerto Rico, Yomo has traveled a long journey ready to plug into mainstream. From the early years with OG Black and Master Joe, the travel experience with Hector “El Father”, Yomo’s artistry continues to mature. Fine-tuning and leading the Urban genre on the new digital platforms, Yomo is positioned to become the next recognized international – Entertainer!