New Green Day soundtrack on Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2
The tracklisting for the movie's soundtrack album was announced on October 4, and the punk band's contribution is called 'The Forgotten'. The punk trio will sing alongside songs by Ellie Goulding, Christina Perri and Passion Pit.
'The Forgotten' is included in the third album '¡Tré!', which will be released on 14 January next year. Their newest album 'iUno!' was released last month, and the rest of the band's new records trilogy '¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré!', will be released in two other stages. The second LP, '¡Dos!', will come out on November 12 and '¡Tré!' on January 14, 2013.
The bassist Mike Dirnt declared to Yahoo!Movies: "When we were asked to be part of the Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 soundtrack, we readily agreed because the films are an insane cultural phenomenon, and we have always been impressed with the way the Twilight soundtracks are so carefully curated."
The Twilight actress Nikki Reed - who plays Rosalie Hale in the fantasy franchise, will also perform a duet with her husband Paul McDonald titled All I've Ever Needed.
The Twilight Breaking Dawn -Part 2 album is released on November 13, and the film will be out on 16 November.
The full track listing is as follows:
- Where I Come From - Passion Pit
- Bittersweet - Ellie Goulding
- The Forgotten - Green Day
- Fire in the Water - Feist
- Everything and Nothing - The Boom Circuits
- The Antidote - St Vincent
- Speak Up - POP ETC
- Heart of Stone - Iko
- Cover Your Tracks - A Boy and His Kite
- Ghosts - James Vincent McMorrow
- All I've Ever Needed - Paul McDonald and Nikki Reed
- New For You - Reeve Carney
- A Thousand Years (Part Two) - Christina Perri
- Plus Que Ma Prope Vie - Carter Burwel